Microfluidics: nanomaterial synthesis
Sponsored by: Sony Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Inc.
A series of spiral-shaped microchannels have been designed for nanomaterial synthesis, on-chip patterning and corresponding biological applications.
Nanomaterials with different size, shape, morphology, structure have been synthesized in microfluidic reactors, demonstrating superior advantages of microsystems over conventional bulk methods.
The combination of microfluidics and biocompatible nanomaterials brings promising biological applications such as controlled drug delivery, cell imaging, and biosensing.
- N.J. Hao, Y. Nie and X.J. Zhang, “Silica Nanomaterials Synthesis in Microfluidics: Opportunities and Challenges”, Biomaterials Science, Royal Society of Chemistry, in press (DOI: 10.1039/C9BM00238C), 2019
- N.J. Hao, Y. Nie, Z. Xu, A. B. Closson, T. Usherwood, and X.J. Zhang, “Microfluidic continuous flow synthesis of functional hollow spherical silica with hierarchical sponge-like large porous shell”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2019, 366, 433-438.
- N.J. Hao, Y. Nie, Z. Xu and X.J. Zhang, “Ultrafast microfluidic synthesis of two-dimensional triangle core-shell silver nanosheet toward enhanced cellular interactions”, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2019, 542, 370-378.
- N.J. Hao, Y. Nie, A. Closson and X.J. Zhang, “Microfluidic synthesis and on-chip enrichment of two-dimensional hollow sandwich-like mesoporous silica nanosheet with water ripple-like surface”, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2019, 539, 87-94.
- N.J. Hao, Y. Nie, A. Tadimety, T. Shen and X.J. Zhang, “Microfluidics-enabled rapid manufacturing of hierarchical silica-magnetic microflower toward enhanced circulating tumor cells screening”, Biomaterials Science, 2018, 6, 3121-3125.
- N.J. Hao, Y. Nie, X.J. Zhang, “Microfluidic Synthesis of Functional Inorganic Micro-/Nanoparticles and Applications in Biomedical Engineering”, International Materials Reviews, 63, 8, 61-487, 2018
- N.J. Hao, Y. Nie, T. Shen and X.J. Zhang, “Microfluidics-enabled rational design of immunomagnetic nanomaterial and its shape effect in liquid biopsy”, Lab on a chip, 18, 1997-2002, 2018. (one of the top 10% of papers published in Lab on a Chip. This selection is based on the exceptionally positive referee reports that manuscript received during peer review, along with the Editor’s assessment of the significance and impact of the paper, in collection: rsc.li/loc-hot)
- N.J. Hao, N. Yuan, X.J. Zhang, “Microfluidic Flow Synthesis of Functional Mesoporous Silica Nanofibers with Tunable Aspect Ratios”, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 6, 1522–1526, 2018.
- N.J. Hao, Y. Nie, X.J. Zhang, “Biomimetic Hierarchical Walnut Kernel-like and Erythrocyte-like Mesoporous Silica Nanomaterials: Controllable Synthesis and Versatile Applications“, Microporous & Mesoporous Materials (Elsevier), 261, 144-149, 2018.
- Y.Nie, N. J. Hao, X.J. Zhang, “Ultrafast Synthesis of Multifunctional Submicrometer Hollow Silica Spheres in Microfluidic Spiral Channels”, Scientific Reports, 7, 12616, 2017.
- N.J. Hao, Y. Nie, A. Tadimety, A. Closson, X.J. Zhang, “Microfluidics-mediated self-template synthesis of anisotropic hollow ellipsoidal mesoporous silica nanomaterials”, Materials Research Letters, 8, 584-590, 2017.
- N.J. Hao, H. T. Chorsi, X.J. Zhang, “Hierarchical Lotus Leaf-Like Mesoporous Silica Material with Unique Bilayer and Hollow Sandwich-Like Folds: Synthesis, Mechanism, and Applications”, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 5: 2044–2049, 2017.
- Y.Li, J. Wan, Y. Wang, J. Wu, B. Liu, X.J. Zhang, and K. Qian, “Fabrication of Janus Graphene Hybrids with Controlled Structure and High Stability”, Int. J. of Nanomanufacturing, 2016.